Raw Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
1-1/2c pitted dates, coarsely chopped and soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
1-1/2c chopped pecans or walnuts (can use a blend)
1tsp-1Tbsp ground cinnamon
1tsp-1Tbsp ground ginger (use equal amounts of cinnamon & ginger)
3/4 tsp ground cloves
Pinch of sea salt or Kosher
1. Lightly oil the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Place chopped nuts, drained dates along with remaining ingredients into the bowl of food processor fitted with an S-blade. Pulse until the nuts and dates are finely chopped.
3. Press the mixture very firmly into the bottom of a the pan.
4. Chill in the refrigerator while making the filing.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
2c raw cashews, soaked in water 4 to 8 hours and drained
1c pumpkin puree
2/3c melted coconut oil
1/3c maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1. Make the vegan pumpkin cheesecake by placing all ingredients into the food processor bowl and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
2. Pour the pumpkin cheesecake filling mixture over the crust and smooth out the top with a rubber scraper. Place the pan into the refrigerator and chill until set, about 4 hours, or freeze for about 1 hour.
3. Slice and divide onto plates. Top each slice with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon
1. Can of full fat coconut cream chilled in the fridge overnight
2. Drain liquid and scoop hardened cream into a standmixer bowl.
3. Beat on high and mix in 1/4c - 1/3 c powdered sugar (more if piping)
4. Mix 1/2 to 1-heaping teaspoon of vanilla powder or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
Beat until fluffy and chill 30 minutes before piping.
Options: You can serve the cream on top of the pie as pictured above or spread it over the top of the finished pie and chill as directed above. If you choose this option, I suggest finishing off the pie with a sprinkle of nutmeg before serving to your guests. It's most pretty served in this way.