TODAY, Allure magazine releases the cream of the crop in beauty product winners of its October 2011 'Best of Beauty'. Which products have you tried and do you agree?
1) Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock, $10*, is a winner they say due to its breakthrough formula. This product can be applied directly onto wet skin without the white streaky mess common among sunscreens. The difference, tiny molecules penetrate through moisture and adhere to the skin, providing a protective barrier from harmful sun rays.
2) Sally Hansen Salon Effects, $10, are polish stickers that Allure say "look like real nail polish." The stickers use a medical grade adhesive that can last up to 10 days; and are easily removed with nail polish remover.
3) Nars Blush Orgasm, $27, makes the 'Best of Beauty' list for the twelfth consecutive year. Its universally flattering shade has hues of peachy-pink and subtle hints of gold shimmer, which is why Allure say it's the color for women of all skin tones.
4) Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, $24, is fragrance free, sunscreen free and antioxidant free moisturizer that Allure say works great alone under makeup or as a layering product that won't peel or cause problems.
5) La Roche-Posay Redermic [R], $55, is a breakthrough anti-aging treatment for wrinkles because it works under the skin, eliminating redness and irritation often resulting from retinol treatments. Allure say they received unsolicited recommendations by eight dermatologists who believe in this product.
6) Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner, $24, developed by MIT scientists to eliminate frizz by binding to the hair creating a shield to keep healthy moisture in and bad moisture out.
7) Maybelline Volum'Express The Falsies Mascara, $8, this super inexpensive drugstore mascara wins the 'Best of Beauty' award because it creates the illusion of false lashes without making them look spiky or spidery.
8) L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in British Red, $9, red is the must have lip color for fall and L'Oreal Colour Riche in British Red is an inexpensive option that also wins 'Best of Beauty' award for lipstick because the color is beautiful and so is its packaging.
9) Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Pur, $30, Allure awards this gloss as the 'Best of Beauty' in lip gloss because it lasts long and is never sticky.
10) Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash, $8, creates a barrier on the skin to keep moisture locked in so skin stays soft.
Read in detail Allure magazine's 'Best of Beauty' in the October 2011 edition.
*Prices are approximate and may vary depending on store